Sunday, July 08, 2007

Moving Right Along

OK, so the house in the HP still isn't technically ready, but a majority of my belongings are in storage there. I'll be working there with the Rockstar this week to get things done so that by next Friday at the latest, I'll be pretty much 90% moved. The Ex is not pleased with the schedule, but he's being somewhat appreciative in that while I'm still at his house I'm taking care of our son, cleaning, and running loads of laundry and dishes. Plus ca change, plus ca meme, oui?
Over the past week, I got to hear Meg & Tony at the Oak Street Grill, which was swell, but I got a ticket for unneccessary noise for squealing my tires around a corner in Royal Joke. The officer could've made it a worse ticket, adding on that I was speeding, but he didn't - my problem is that I have no idea how much the infraction costs, so I can't send in a check to cover the fine without calling the court. I'm not going to fight the ticket, I know I was driving obnoxiously, but I'd appreciate being able to just pay it and be done.
The weekend began with another night of going to see 7venth Son, at Augie's, home of my purse-puking incident a few weeks back. This particular night some guy was celebrating his birthday, and by the end of the night, he was kissing my ear, giving me a neckrub, and carrying on a bit. Unfortunately, he was also wearing a hat that the waitresses had made for him out of 6 or 7 balloons, and lives over 50 miles away. Instead, I followed through on my plans to crash on Meg's couch, drop a load of stuff at the HPH, and made it back to Redford before noon.
Today I'm trying to clean up a few things for work, get more belongings packed, and get a handle on my paperwork and finances. I finished watching "Y Tu Mama, Tambien", finally, and it's possible I'll find time to catch up on my comics that I've had piling up for months now. Busy, busy, busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Since talking to Skippy last night, I was reminded that I'm actually pretty much on track with how I handle things in life, i.e., assess the situation, bounce ideas off of a few people, then jump in with both feet!

No comments: