Thursday, June 23, 2005

Air Conditioned Life

I live in Michigan, and although we have "changing seasons", it seems like we go directly from Wind Chill Factor straight to Heat Index. This year will be nicer for me, since we've now got a small backyard pool. Just one of those 4 feet tall 10 feet in diameter numbers, but, it's a pool, and it's right outside my backdoor. It's filling up right now, can't wait to see the water bill next month. I was supposed to go to the zoo today with the other moms/kids from playgroup, but it didn't happen. I was up and ready to go, but things came up, so we're thinking some other Thursday in July might be nice. I'm almost done with my Marketing class, I've got an "X" grade, and will have to take the final exam on September 7th, because the professor was sympathetic to my absences due to illness. Let me tell you, I felt ill today, the kind of ill that comes and goes, and keeps on coming and going, and going, and going... well, you get the picture. I called both doctor's offices, I'm going to need a note for the professor to include with my appliacation for the "X" grade, and to let them know that I'm still not doing well. It's too bad my outside coping skills are so developed, that I don't look like I'm sick at all. Must be my own brand of interior air conditioning, buffering how I really feel from the inside out.

No comments: