Wednesday, August 22, 2007

(Your Name) Here

You can probably guess from the title of this post that I've been filling out a bunch of forms lately. I have, but I've also come up with a list of ways that (You*) have screwed up what might've been the start of a relationship. Here's where it began...

(You) were unclear - OK, If (you) want to date me, see me socially, get to see me naked, etc, that's great! But if all (you) want to be is my friend, please be clear about this, don't ask me to go hang out together at a place I was going to go anyway.

(You) were too casual - I like guys who are cool and a little bit smooth, but by staring off in another direction all night, barely speaking to me, and not asking how I'm doing or if I'm having a good time at all, (you) gave me the impression that (you) wished I wasn't around.

(You) were over there - When I got to the bar, (you) saw me walk in, find a seat, and order a drink... and (you) didn't come over, or even wave.

(You) were unreachable - I was running late, but (you) didn't give me any way to get that message to (you), and when I asked, (you) were late too - I'm guessing that scheduling issues are going to continue to occur.

(You) went in for the hug anyway - All of this didn't really work for me, really, it didn't. By the end of the night, I was really just trying to exit gracefully. But when (you) went in for the hug anyway, did (you) notice that I gave the "One arm, body turned away, foot pointed in the opposite direction, face nowhere close to yours" type? I hope that (you) did... because that's the hug I give to guys who are mostly likely only going to be a friend.

...(You*) has had his named changed to protect the 2 or 3 guys who I've recently had almost dates with... too bad guys, there's no spark, no replay.

No comments: