Sunday, May 13, 2007

I got a card!

Happy Mother's Day to me! When I got home today, around 1pm or so, my son greeted me at the door in his pj's and gave me the biggest smile and a very cute card... I love my kid, and he's being so cute today, I can barely sneak away to post. Days like this are so neat, I'm hoping they continue for a good, long time.

The reason I got home so late is that I spent the night over MK's. She's a doll, the very talented lead singer of Red Eye Groove, and when she says, "Make yourself at home", she actually means it... within an hour of being at her place, I'd made friends with her two very adorable cats, eaten a sandwich, snooped through her cds, dvds, and fridge, and changed to go out to the bar! She drove to the place that 7venth Son was playing, wearing the cutest red tank top with a black jacket that I so covet but looks so good on her. Me, I wore the uniform, brown pleated button-down shirt, denim skirt, and brown suede boots - one guy paid me what I'm taking as a compliment when he said, "You brought your A-game tonight!" There were a few guys around us all night, a friend of MK's brought a friend with him, so there was a pair to flirt & dance with, a guy named Pat that's somehow associated with the band, and a couple more randoms that were in and out of the area. I gave my number to the one guy, who is, apparently, MISSING A FINGER!!! How could I dance with a guy and not notice that? He & MK's friend invited us to "go Krogering", which involves the girls riding in shopping carts, pulling food off of the shelves at random, the guys pay for the ingredients & cook whatever makes it into the carts. I thought to myself, sure, it's an adventure, I'll go! But as the night progressed, I began to see what a completely bad idea that could turn out to be... I mean, I've seen Jackass, I know what happens to people who ride in shopping carts!
Instead, we stayed until the bar staff got ornery and threw us out, then went to breakfast with the band - minus R&L, who went home to the kiddos, she's going to call me to set up a couples party, should be a hoot!

Speaking of which, I need to work on my business stuff today and tomorrow hardcore - I'm making money, I just need to keep it rolling in, and it will. I've set up Wednesday for the biking lesson, I'll pick up the cooler from Sammy's birthday party then too. The rest of the next two weeks I have to get all my stuff together for Vegas, that's going to be such a fun trip, I can't wait!

No comments: