Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Breaking In

To my own house, that is:
Recently, I found out how easy it is to break into here, when I had to do it out of neccessity... 5 minutes, a Phillips-head screwdriver for 3 screws, and a ladder later, and I was climbing in my own kitchen window over a sinkful of dishes. It was also surprisingly easy to borrow the screwdriver from a neighbor I'd never met before. I'd have thought my dragging the stairs over to the window would've given at least one of the other residents here enough pause to call the police to check out the disturbance, but not so much. Since I'm also kind of skittish about hopping up into windows, I had to stack a 10 gallon paint can on top of a cinderblock, on top of the back stairs that i dragged over, but I managed to make it in... the dog gave me weird looks the whole time i was climbing through.
What amazes me about the whole situation, really, is how willing I've become to do whatever it takes to get things done. Yarimasu, indeed!

No comments: