Thursday, May 01, 2008

Let's Talk About You for a Moment

Yes, I know, this blog is usually about me, but let's talk about you for a moment... several "yous" in fact.
First, those who have offended me:
- You offer me uninformed advice when I don't ask for it. But I smile and listen.
- You ask me to help you out, and I do when I can. But I can't count on you, at all.
- You assume that because you want me, I want you. But I don't.
- You forget about me until I have something you want. But I give anyway.
- You told me we'd always be friends. But I never hear from you anymore.
- You misled me, then told lies about me. But I found out all about you.

Second, those who have surprised me:
- You mean exactly what you say and always tell me the truth. I respect that.
- You helped me out without looking for anything in return. I needed that.
- You love me, although I've made huge mistakes that have hurt you. I love you too.
- You listen to my crap without judging me. I want to return the favor.
- You always cheer me up, even when you're not doing great. I want the best for you.
- You might not have noticed, but you charmed the panties off of me. Do it again.

OK, so it's not "Thank You" by Alannis Morrisette, but it'll do.

No comments: