Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dancing in the Kitchen

My newest job is waitressing at the Big Boy restaurant on Michigan Avenue at Telegraph in Dearborn, and since I just can't stop myself, when I get a song in my head, I dance around the prep-kitchen area. Also, when I get assigned "The Green" as my end of the night side work area to clean out, and I am able to listen to the satellite radio in there, I dance. When the floor is wet, and I'm on my way to a table to get more coffee or whatever, it looks like I'm dancing, and I might be, sometimes. But it's not all dancing - a lot of what waitressing involves is dealing with people that you can't stand, faking a smile when you want to collapse, and pretending to clean something that isn't dirty in the first place just to have something to do. Of course, I'm still making time to dance around my kitchen at home, because it's not important where you dance, but that you do.

No comments: