Thursday, May 15, 2008

Updating the Advertisement

Last April, I posted a blog titled, "Superhero Seeks Same", detailing the qualities I'm looking for in an ideal guy. Since that post, I've had some indirect responses, yet none of the applicants has fit enough of the requirements for further review or consideration. As a consequence, I am reposting with some updates and changes, but I am in no way lowering my standards... I still want a superhero.

The "Deal-Breakers"
Honest - with me, with himself, about everything at appropriate times, I mean, I don't need to hear a life history all at once, but if I need to know, tell me the truth, it's a lot easier
Physically / Sexually Capable - Pretty easily understood, just keep up
Mentally Stable - I can only deal with so much crazy
Attractive - Everyone has their own standards in this case, and a lot of it is chemistry & first impression, I'm not Miss America, but I'm not a trash heap either
Funny - Fastest way to meet me is to write me a funny story
Loyal - No nonsense here, I'm loyal without question and expect the same
Thoughtful - OK, this is where I don't meet my own standard, but I have hope!
Courteous - Be nice, but you don't have to be a boyscout
Tolerant of Others Less Fortunate - Because you never know what could happen, I mean, ever see Trading Places?
Accept My Parenthood without Interference - Until we're really serious, this isn't an issue, you won't even meet my child, and I'm not out here searching for a step-dad either
Non-Criminal - I have no desire to testify against you, but if pressed, I will, in a heartbeat
Employed - Difficult in this economy, but your bills are not my problem, mine are not yours either
Available - Please clear up any scheduling issues, and for Pete's sake, don't be married
Have some sort of Skill - Chicks dig guys with skills...

Somewhat Negotiable
Witty - I like good conversation, being able to keep one up is cool
Confident / Sociable / Mixes Well With Others - Hope you can keep yourself occupied while I'm not around, or if we're out with a big group of people, don't mope in the corner waiting for me to entertain you
Adventurous - Of course a superhero is adventurous, but sometimes it's nice to spend a night at home with the newest NetFlix
Kind - Nice & Kind is good, but taken too far and it goes to the wimpy side, don't go to the wimpy side
Able to Keep Pets / Plants Alive - Just because I've got a dog doesn't mean you need one, and I'm struggling to keep my plants green... just try not to mess up what I've got going
Civic Minded / Patriotic - Your political views are none of my business, but take them to their logical ends at your own risk
Good Friends / Family Relationships - Again, unless we're pretty serious, I'll probably never meet your relatives, and it's a distinct possibility I won't like some of your friends, but, you won't like some of mine, and my relatives, well... they are who they are

No comments: