Friday, May 02, 2008

Why People on this Blog Have Nicknames

Sometimes, it's to protect their privacy, or else it's just amusing to me to come up with them. The nicknames for certain people came about because of the "Mantourage" phenomenon; for a while, through no fault of my own, I was dating or had dated multiple guys named Steve, James, Chris, or Jeff. For one friend of mine, the confusion was so great, she demanded I figure out a way to keep them all separate in conversation. Of course, people like the Pharmeceutically Enhanced Goddess deserve a nickname just on strength of personality. The Caveman, in my opinion, continues to bang rocks together hoping for a spark. Lately, I've been tossing around stories about new people who may or may not be referred to as The Electrical Guitarist, Short Fuse, Theoretical Girl & Hypothetical Boy, etc. I'm still meeting new people, and have met a few that I'd like to get to know much better before I talk about them here. On top of everything else, I'm also looking for a *gasp* day job with more urgency than before. Until I have another story sorted out, I'll continue searching.

No comments: