Thursday, April 03, 2008

I Need to Move

For a number of reasons, and in a few different ways, I need to move. Change is a good thing, and I'd like to think that I'm pretty adaptable to new situations and circumstances. Right now, I feel the need to move my body, as in exercise, after a long winter of not doing much in that vein. There's a 90-Day Train for a 5K plan that I'm hoping to follow, not that I have a particular 5K race in mind, but it seems like an achieveable goal. Moving my mind in new directions also seems appealing, and I've been going to the library for a few months now, checking out books from the New Releases section in order to find what's out there. I don't read a lot of fiction anymore, not because there's nothing edifying out there in that genre, but because I've been concentrating on business building books and more how-to manuals. Oprah's book club is even starting to look appealing, so it must be time for a change in reading habits. Moving house will probably be the most major change, and it's motivated on a few different levels, first being that where I'm living now is no longer dog-friendly, and I refuse to give up Bam. Second, a feeling of "itchy feet" is starting to set in - periodically, getting out of where I am is necessary. In previous living arrangements, I was able to simply move the furniture around, or buy some new object to display to give me a new view. This time, however, a kind of claustrophobia is setting in, and the walls feel far more solid than they are. Taken all together, I need to move, to tear things apart from all sides, inside, outside, upside down.

No comments: