Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hi baby, what's your name?

That is how my telephone conversations begin, from 9am to 1pm, Wednesday through Sunday. My new job as a phone sex operator is neither challenging nor rewarding, but it is occasionally interesting. I'm not sure how ethical it is to describe the nature of the calls, or the callers, or the staff at "the office" that I call into daily that monitor the calls. What I can talk about, is that it is becoming obvious that although this job is mildly amusing and has ample opportunities for shock value, I am not getting any sense of satisfation out of it, and very little monetary compensation. So, to offset the lunacy and derive something out of this experience, here are a few observations:

- Men do not believe it is gay for them to perform fellatio on a transsexual, or to have a transsexual return the favor, however, they are off-put by the phrase "return the favor"
- Phone sex callers are probably not big on cuddling with their real-life partners, my only evidence of this being the speed at which they hang-up the phone post-orgasm
- Some callers really make the phone operators angry, the ones who are already ready already, the ones who speak in voices so low that dogs wouldn't be able to hear them, the ones who want to meet me in person, and the ones who don't bother to describe themselves in flattering detail. I mean, I'm adding & subtracting a few inches here & there, why can't you do the same to give me something to work with?
- My work week begins on Wednesday and ends on Sunday, so when the supervisor asks me on Sunday to stay on for a few more hours, this is the wrong time to ask... it's equivalent to asking Peter to come in on Saturday, and how about you come in on Sunday too...
- The hours I work are not the busiest times of the day, so I am able to get a lot done around the house, which is cool, but, when a caller asks me where I am & what I'm wearing, I'm sorely tempted to respond that I'm in the kitchen, hip deep in dish suds, wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt with food stains... then again, I'm sure some guy out there finds that incredibly sexy
- I love callers that do the work for me. Guys who call in and describe what they want to do to me & ask me if I like it are great, even if they want to go ass to mouth. Sure, yeah, ok, whatever you want baby!
- Certain callers give me the creeps. Like the one who wants to screw the underage next door neighbor girl, or the one who's convinced I'm his soulmate and we should set things on fire together. These kinds of guys that I talk to on the phone are making it really difficult for any guy I meet in person to get anywhere near me.
- I'm not allowed to discuss drugs, pedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality, criminal activities, or give any details that would lead a caller to be able to find and/or contact me. But that leaves a whole range of things that I personally find ... icky. However, the upside of this is that I may be preventing some of these guys from actually going out and doing these things to another human. Unsure if that's exactly how it works or not, but it's something to hold onto in the hopes that it prevents violence or depravity amoung the general population.

This job may pay the bills for a short time, but I'm finding that like any other employment situation that I've ever been in, it's starting to suck my soul out from my nose.

No comments: