Saturday, April 21, 2007

Beauty and Brains, he's the total package

I met a man tonight, and he seemed genuinely suprised when, after talking to me for about an hour, I was able to keep up with the conversation, and in his words, "have a good head on my shoulders". Is it really that odd for a woman to be smart? He even shook his head in wonderment as he left asking out loud, "Why didn't I meet you years ago?" Gee, I don't know... is it possible that you weren't looking for smart back then? That, as a man, you were more concerned with how the woman on your arm looked, rather than her views on the latest piece of gun-control legislation? In all fairness, I am just as guilty of judging men on their appearance. Tonight, at the same bar, a friend of mine pointed to a woman and said, "Box of rocks, but, damn, she's cute anyway." He then pointed to his friend, who I've been, let's say, 'associated' with, and said, "Same with him, too, huh?" I nodded, not because it was strictly true, but because I wasn't as interested in that particular man's frontal lobe as much as I was his full frontal nudity. Does that make me just as bad?

No comments: