Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's not easy, but it's worth it

Being my friend, that is. Occasionally, I'm demanding, unreasonable, judgemental, brutally honest, I say whatever pops into my head, I don't take advice, and I give snappish directions. Those are my bad days. Good days, and I'd like to believe that most of them are, are nowhere near as harsh. If you need me, I am there; I'm good in a crisis, quick with a hug, generally prepared at a moment's notice to take you where you need to go, pick you up at the airport, or get you to the church on time. I've listened to, cried with, and tried to make some of them pee with laughter when I felt it was necessary. Fun is the agenda, and time is plenty. So, yes, I ask a lot of my friends, I'm prepared to give a lot back, and I've never been disappointed, until now. When someone becomes my friend, they don't get away easily. But there is a person in danger of falling through the cracks because it's becoming difficult for me to keep trying to connect with him, and it's killing me to not confront him directly. The situation is awkward, and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do about it.

No comments: