Tuesday, April 10, 2007

St. Crankypants Day

I've been told by a friend of mine that I have two gears, calm and cranky. Whether or not I live up to that assessment remains to be seen, however, right now, I am cranky. The thing is, it's not a matter of calmness, or crankyness, it's that I have no patience. Being kept waiting is tortuous to me. The difference, between a surprise (which is a good thing!) and being held in suspence (a very bad thing) is the knowing. If something is going to happen, and I know it's going to happen, but I can't make it happen now, I am tortured. The same is true for gift-giving occasions - I know I have a birthday, and my family and friends are most likely going to give me something nice; this is a swell! But, if someone tells me, "You're going to LOVE what I got you!", I die a little bit. Right now, there are a lot of things in my life that are beyond my control, I know that certain things are going on, plans are being made, but the actual steps and machinations are happening without me. And that, my friends, puts me right into cranky gear.

No comments: